WHAT IS VTOS?
The V.T.O.S. Scheme gives you a second chance to go back to full-time education and training. All full time day courses in the College are available under the V.T.O.S. Scheme.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You must be over 21 years of age and in receipt of any of the following payments for at least 156 days (6 months) on the commencement date of the course.
- Unemployed on Jobseekers Benefit/Jobseekers Allowance/Transition or signing for “credits” for at least six months
- One-Parent Family Payment, Disability Allowance or Invalidity Pension.
- Dependent spouse/partner of an eligible person.
- A person on Illness Benefit (you must apply to the Exemption Section, Dept of Social, Community & Family Affairs, Store Street, Dublin 1 for an exemption to attend the course)
- Periods spent on FÁS or Community Employment Schemes, Job Initiative, Youthreach programmes can count towards the qualifying period.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
RETAIN YOUR weekly Social Protection payment and any secondary benefits you already have i.e. Fuel Allowance, Rent Allowance etc.
- Meal Allowance
- Travel Allowance (if you are staying more than 3 miles from the College)
From 1 January 2013, VTOS entrants who are in receipt of a reduced rate of Jobseekers Allowance and are over 25 will remain on their existing rate of payment. Plus, new entrants who are in receipt of a reduced rate of Jobseekers Allowance and who are 25 and under will be paid a new maximum rate of €160.00 per week.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR V.T.O.S.?
Application forms available from Main Reception or VTOS Office in CSN.
Please note: Places on V.T.O.S are limited and are prioritised on the basis of educational need and length of time on social welfare. The closing date for receipt of V.T.O.S application forms is the first Friday in September however you are advised to submit your application form before end of May. Any V.T.O.S. application received after this date will be treated as a late application. If you find that all the V.T.O.S places are allocated you can apply to your local Social Protection office for the Back to Education Allowance Scheme.
For further information please contact Ray O'Connor:
FACEBOOK FEED for CSN VTOS Registered Students