Personal Trainer with Sports Massage
If exercise and fitness is your love and you want to learn how to motivate others to reach their fitness potential then this is the course for you. Plenty of action and practical activity, skills based learning and the theory to back it up. Learn the technical know how, improve your own fitness and learn to instruct others in a safe way. Practical work is carried out in a gym environment.
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Gym Based Exercise)
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- ITEC Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction (Exercise to Music),
- ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage (optional)
- Manual Handling Training and Certification.
- QQI Component Maths 5N1833 (available as option in the evening for learners requiring Maths for progression)
- ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage (optional)
- ITEC Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (CQVID-19) for Sport and Fitness Sessions
One year, full time.
Leaving Certificate, LCA or QQI Level 4. Mature students are exempt from Leaving Certificate requirement. All applicants are interviewed. An offer of a place on this course is contingent on the applicant meeting the entry requirements set out here and satisfactory presentation at interview. Prospective students need to be satisfied that they are physically able to complete the practical coursework.
The following subjects may be offered:
- Exercise & Fitness Health (ITEC)
- Gym Instructor (ITEC)
- Hygiene, Health & Safety (ITEC)
- Personal Client Care (ITEC)
- Personal Trainer (ITEC)
- Sports Massage (optional) (ITEC)
- Exercise to Music (ITEC)
- Anatomy & Physiology (ITEC)
- Infection Prevention (Covid-19) for Sport and Fitnss Sessions (ITEC)
Optional extra courses in:
- Studio Cycling
- Kettle Bells
- Strapping and Taping
- Step Aerobics
Additional Training / Workshops
- Manual Handling Training and Certification
- First Aid (FAR)
390 CAO points can be earned by students on successful completion of this course.
For full details on progression opportunities see these links:
Cork Colleges Progression Scheme
- Cork College of FET, Morrison's Island Campus: Advanced Holistic and Physical Therapies
- MTU: Recreation & Leisure Management (CR032)