WHAT IS VTOS?
VTOS is a financial support scheme for those over 21 by course start date and in receipt of an eligible Social Protection payment
For more information & contact details please visit our VTOS site
Vocational Training and Opportunities Scheme - VTOS
Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS) provides a range of supports to allow individuals who are unemployed to return to education or training. The scheme allows successful applicants to keep their Social Welfare Allowances while attending their course in the college. All full-time day courses in the College are eligible for VTOS.
To qualify for VTOS, applicants must be over 21 years of age by course commencement date and have been receiving certain social welfare payments for at least 156 days (6 months). You may qualify for VTOS if you are unemployed and receiving any of the following benefits for at least 6 months:
- Jobseekers Allowance or Jobseekers Benefit
- One Parent Family Allowance
- Blind Pension
- Deserted Wife’s Allowance; Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Contributory Pension; Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s Non- Contributory Pension
- Prisoner’s Spouse Allowance
- An Adult Dependent on a person in receipt of Unemployment Assistance
- Disability Allowance
- Illness Benefit (you must apply to the Exemption Section, Department of Social, Community & Family Affairs, Store St. Dublin 1 for an exemption to attend the course)
- Places are LIMITED on the VTOS programme and are prioritised on the basis of:
- Educational need
- Period of time in receipt of social welfare payments
To apply for VTOS
- Complete the College Enrolment Procedure (Apply for your chosen course online at www.csn.ie)
- You must also complete a VTOS Application Form (top section Part A only)
- Return the form to the College VTOS Office.
- Applications forms can be collected from the tray outside the VTOS office or downloaded from the VTOS website vtos.csn.ie
Those with children may also avail of the CETS Scheme –details from VTOS office.
The closing date for receipt of VTOS application forms is September 6th, 2019. Application Forms received after this date will be treated as a late application.
Note: VTOS places are allocated in first few weeks of September.